“Zhelezno!”The programme operates in: Stary Oskol, Belgorod Regions
The Zhelezno educational and career guidance centre is a joint project between Metalloinvest, the National University of Science and Technology MISiS and the Moscow Polytechnic Museum. The centre’s main priority is to provide career guidance to schoolchildren and young people in the Belgorod region.
In the halls, which are equipped with multimedia technology, visitors are able to watch slide shows and videos and use interactive tools to learn about steelmaking processes, the manufacture of rolled products, the history of the exploration of iron ore deposits and the creation of outstanding metal structures, as well as find any required information online.
The Zhelezno exhibition aims to:
- Increase interest in natural sciences (mathematics, physics, chemistry) among the younger generation;
- Maintain the prestige of steelmaking and demonstrate the career prospects in the industry to school children and young people;
- Become an event centre specialising in natural sciences for the young people of the region, using innovative and interactive ways of working with visitors;
- Form a community of volunteers, experts and students at the centre with the aim of including local residents in future discussions about the development of the centre and of the wider region.
- A unique innovation and education centre has been created, displaying the achievements of modern scientific, educational and exhibition technologies and their communications and social potential. The aim of the centre is to promote the history and significance of the steelmaking industry.
- The creation and development of the centre encourages interest in science among schoolchildren and young people and helps them make informed choices about their future professions.
- Approximately 10,000 people have visited the exhibition including more than 5,000 students between the third and eleventh grades.
- The centre actively encourages anyone to exhibit. As part of the 'My Museum' project, two private collections belonging to town residents have been displayed: a collection of paleontological discoveries made while mining for iron ore and a collection of melee weapons.
27 February 2017
Metalloinvest, MISiS and Moscow Polytechnic Museum commemorate two-year anniversary of joint project
16 December 2016
Zhelezno centre rounds up Festival of Iron Ideas
1 November 2016
Zhelezno project team visits innovative venues in Moscow
12 February 2016
Zhelezno centre celebrates first anniversary