Supporting Critically Ill ChildrenThe programme operates in: Gubkin, Zheleznogorsk, Stary Oskol, Novotroitsk, Belgorod, Kursk, and Orenburg regions
Metalloinvest, in partnership with the Russian Aid Fund (Rusfund), has been providing help to critically ill children since 2011.
This programme was set up to help critically ill children in the towns where the Company operates: Gubkin, Zheleznogorsk, Stary Oskol, Novotroitsk, as well as in the Belgorod, Kursk, and Orenburg regions.
In partnership with Rusfund the Company helps children with the following conditions:
- cancer and blood diseases;
- severe spinal curvature;
- birth defects and arrhythmia;
- dentofacial anomalies and traumas;
- infantile cerebral paralysis, autism, epilepsy, learning difficulties;
- peripheral nerve defects, Moebius syndrome;
- hearing loss;
- incomplete bone formation;
- type 1 diabetes.
Metalloinvest acts as an anchor investor, contributing substantial funds to the treatment of every child. Rusfund raises the outstanding treatment costs through appeals to the public on its website, in Kommersant newspaper, and on Channel One television channel.
- around 70 children with various health conditions received quality medical care in Russia and abroad in the period 2011-2015 and were able to return to normal life.